Important note on sealing these mailing bags
The composable nature of this mailing bag means its peel 'n seal strip is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing. A permanent seal requires the sealed bag to be left at room temperature for several hours.
Compostable C4 mailing bag features
- Eco-friendly solution for sending items via mail or courier.
- Made from a compostable polymer blend with a minimum 30% renewable content share.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable product, complies with EN13432.
- Designed to disintegrate (within 12 weeks) and then biodegrade (within 6 months) in industrial composting conditions.
- Suitable for home composting, although this will take longer (timescale will vary).
- Displays eco-credentials with a printed leaf logo and the text 'COMPOSTABLE for a better world...', plus 'MATERIAL CONFORMS TO EN 13432'.
- Printed sender address box and safety warning notice on sealing flap.
Compostable C4 mailing bag sizes
- Internal width: 230mm (9")
- Internal length: 325mm (13")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- 200 bags per pack
Industrial composting standard EN13432 - criteria
This product meets industrial composting standard EN13432, which means that:
- 90% of its material will disintegrate into small pieces (max 2mm x 2mm) within 12 weeks
- 90% of material will biodegrade within six months (CO2 output levels at 90% of control sample)
- The material conforms to strict limits for toxic elements, including zinc, mercury and other heavy metals
- The material must not negatively affect compost quality, when it is added
Compostable/biodegradable bag storage
Store bags away from direct sunlight, heat sources and humidity; use within 12 months.
Compostable/biodegradable bag disposal
Organic recycling only. Please place in your food waste bin (industrial compost) after use. Also suitable for home composting, but this process will take longer. Not suitable for recycling. If composting is not available, please place in your regular waste collection.