Clear biodegradable carrier bag with printed leaf logo - features
- Clear carrier bag made with a bio-additive designed to accelerate the degradation process.
- Printed with green leaf motif and '100% Degradable' text.
- 12-month shelf life - similar properties to regular polythene bags during this period.
- Designed to rapidly degrade and then biodegrade in landfill.
- Will decompose into naturally-benign materials - CO2, water, humus and minerals - within 2-5 years.
- Can be recycled before degradation occurs - see disposal options below.
- Food-safe - suitable for direct food contact.
Clear biodegradable carrier bag with printed leaf logo - dimensions
- Internal width: 375mm (15")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Bottom gusset: 75mm (3")
- Polythene thickness: 47.5 micron (190 gauge)
- Box quantity: 250 bags
Storage instructions and shelf life
We recommend storing these biodegradable carrier bags in a cool, dark place and in their original packaging.
Doing this will help to maximise the bags' shelf-life, which is 12 months from the date of manufacture, due to the bio-additive that is designed to accelerate the degradation process.
Biodegradable carriers - disposal options
- Recycling - This bag can be recycled along with traditional carrier bags provided it has not started to degrade. If the bag has already started to degrade, please dispose of it via a different means.
- Home Compost - This carrier bag may be suitable for a domestic composting unit, depending on disposal conditions, but the process will take a long time (up to several years) and will depend on the presence of oxygen (essential), moisture, heat, mechanical stress and/or microbes in the composting environment.
- General Waste - Whilst this bag should ideally be recycled (before degradation) or composted at home (if conditions are suitable), it can also be thrown in the bin as a last resort, as it will break down in the upper levels of landfill.
- Industrial Compost - This bag should not be disposed of in your food waste collection as it is not suitable for industrial composting, due to insufficient exposure to oxygen during this process for the bag to decompose properly. For bags that are suitable for this, please see below.
Looking for compostable carriers?
If you would prefer a carrier bag that you can throw into your food waste bin, try our range of compostable carrier bags instead.