Important note - Sealing these mailing bags
Due to the compostable nature of the material used in this mailing bag, its self-adhesive strip is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing. For a permanent seal, the mailer should be left at room temperature for several hours once sealed.
Compostable C4+ mailing bag features
- Environmentally-friendly packaging for sending items via mail or courier.
- Minimum 30% renewable content share.
- 100% compostable and biodegradable.
- Disintegrates (< 12 weeks) and then biodegrades (< 6 months) in industrial compost, in line with EN13432.
- Can be home-composted, but process will take longer (timescale will vary according to composting conditions).
- Printed with the message 'COMPOSTABLE for a better world...' beneath a green leaf motif. Also states 'Material conforms to EN 13432'.
- Envelope flap printed with sender address box and safety warning notice.
Compostable C4+ mailing bag dimensions
- Internal width: 250mm (10")
- Internal length: 350mm (14")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Pack quantity: 200 bags
Industrial composting standard EN13432 - testing criteria
This mailing bag conforms to industrial composting standard EN13432. This means it meets the following criteria:
- After 12 weeks of composting, at least 90% of material must have disintegrated into pieces that fit through a 2mm x 2mm sieve
- After six months of composting, at least 90% of material must have biodegraded into CO2, water and biomass (CO2 output at 90% of control sample)
- The material must meet strict upper limits for toxic elements, including mercury, lead and other heavy metals
- Compost quality must not be adversely affected when the material is added
Compostable bag storage
Store bags away from direct sunlight and sources of heat and humidity; use within 12 months of delivery.
Compostable bag disposal
Place this bag in your food waste bin (industrial composting) or domestic compost heap after use. If neither is available, please place in your regular waste collection. Do not recycle.