Clear biodegradable packing bag features
- Eco-friendly polythene bag made with biotransformation (Bio-T) technology.
- Just like a regular bag during product service life - Bio-T technology remains dormant.
- Bio-T technology accelerates degradation if bag ends up in the open environment.
- Here, bag will biodegrade in 1-2 years, leaving no microplastics.
- Breaks down into CO2, water and biomass - all naturally-benign materials.
- No microplastics left behind - passes ecotoxicity tests.
- Complies with BSI standard on biodegradability of polyolefins (PAS 9017:2020).
- Printed eco-friendly message (details below).
- Food-safe - suitable for direct contact with food.
- One-year shelf life.
- 100% recyclable bag.
Standard clear biodegradable bag size
- Internal width: 229mm (9")
- Internal length: 305mm (12")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- 1,000 bags per box
Clear biodegradable bag - printed message
This biodegradable bag is printed with the following information for customers:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world... Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
How to store this clear biodegradable bag
Please store at between 17-23°C, in a dry place out of direct sunlight. Failure to do so may reduce the bag's shelf life.
How to dispose of biotransformation (Bio-T) bags
Our biodegradable bags can be recycled along with other soft plastics, such as regular polythene bags. If your local council does not collect soft plastics for recycling, we recommend taking them to a bag collection point at your nearest major supermarket.
Please avoid disposing of these bags with your food waste or in a home compost heap as they are not designed to biodegrade in these closed environments.
For packing bags that break down rapidly in line with EN13432 compostable standard, see our range of compostable packing bags.