Product features - Large biodegradable white vest carrier
- Eco-friendly white shopping bag made with a bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
- Printed 'This carrier bag is 100% DEGRADABLE' in bold green text, alongside tree motif.
- 12-month shelf life - similar properties to regular polythene carrier bag during this period.
- Designed to quickly break down after this point - will first degrade and then biodegrade into CO2, water and humus within 2-5 years.
- Can be recycled whilst still fully intact - see 'How to Dispose' section (below).
- Expandable side gussets provide extra packing capacity.
- Food-safe, i.e. suitable for direct food contact.
Large biodegradable white vest carrier bag - sizes
- Internal width (closed): 279mm (11")
- Internal width (open): 432mm (17")
- Height: 533mm (21")
- Polythene thickness: 16 micron (64 gauge)
- 2,000 bags per box
Shelf life and storage instructions
These carrier bags have a shelf-life of 12 months from the date of manufacture. They feature a bio-additive that is designed to accelerate the degradation process, aided by exposure to light, heat and/or mechanical stress.
This same bio-additive can reduce the bag's shelf life, so it is recommended that they are stored in a cool, dark place, in their original packaging to maximise shelf life.
How to dispose of biodegradable vest carrier bags
This bag can be recycled with traditional polythene bags provided this is done before the bag begins to degrade. After this point, it should not be recycled, but can be disposed of via the following means:
- Domestic Compost - This bag does not meet the rapid timescale for biodegradation required by composting standard EN13432 (90% in six months). It may be suitable for a home composting unit, but conditions in these vary widely and it could take a few years to break down. For bags that break down faster, see our range of compostable vest carrier bags.
- General Waste - If this bag has started to degrade (i.e. can no longer be recycled) and suitable home composting is not an option, it can be thrown in the bin as a last resort, as it will break down in the upper regions landfill, where it is exposed to oxygen and mechanical stress.
Please do not throw this bag in your food waste collection bin, as it is not suitable for industrial composting - a process that provides insufficient oxygen for bio-additive bags to break down properly.
Looking for compostable vest carriers?
If you are looking for a carrier bag that can re-used as a kitchen caddy bin liner and then thrown into your food waste collection bin, please see our range of compostable vest carriers instead.