Medium biodegradable white vest carrier bag - features
- Eco-friendly vest carrier bag manufactured with a bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
- Printed with bold green motif and text: 'This carrier bag is 100% DEGRADABLE'.
- 12-month shelf life - performs like regular light-duty polythene carrier bag until that point.
- After 12 months, designed to rapidly degrade and then biodegrade in landfill.
- Will break down into naturally-benign materials (CO2, water and biomass) within a period of 2-5 years.
- Suitable for recycling whilst bag still intact - see 'How to Dispose' section, below.
- Expandable side gussets make room for bulky items.
Medium biodegradable white vest carrier bag - dimensions
- Internal width (closed): 254mm (10")
- Internal width (open): 381mm (15")
- Height: 457mm (18")
- Polythene thickness: 10 micron (40 gauge)
- Box quantity: 2,000 bags
Shelf life and storage instructions
This biodegradable carrier bag has a shelf-life of 12 months from the date of manufacture. It is designed with a bio-additive that triggers and accelerates the degradation process after this point on exposure to sunlight, heat or mechanical stress.
As a result, these bags should be kept in their original packaging, in a cool, dark place to maximise shelf life.
How to dispose of biodegradable vest carriers
This carrier bag can be recycled with other polythene bags if disposed of before it begins to degrade (shelf life = 12 months). If the bag has already started to degrade, it should not be recycled, but disposed of via one of the following means:
- Home Compost - This bag does not meet the rapid biodegradation timescale (90% in six months) required to meet composting standard EN13432. It may be suitable for home composting, but conditions vary widely and it could take several years to break down. For a bag that breaks down more quickly, see our range of compostable vest carrier bags.
- General Waste - This biodegradable bag can be disposed of in the bin as a last resort option, as it will break down in the upper regions landfill - where it will be exposed to oxygen and mechanical stress - much faster than regular polythene.
Want a carrier bag that you can reuse to collect food waste?
Please note these biodegradable bags are not suitable for industrial composting (food waste collection), as this process provides insufficient exposure to oxygen for the bags to break down properly.
If you are looking for a biodegradable carrier bag that can be re-used as a food waste bin liner and then disposed of with that food waste, please try our range of compostable vest carrier bags instead.