Large compostable packing bag (20 micron) features
- Clear milky-white compostable bag - made with flexible 20-micron thick material.
- Bags are suitable for sealing with a standard heat sealer.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable, with a renewable content share of 30% or more.
- Conforms to EN13432 - the compostable standard.
- Designed to break down in industrial composting units in 12 weeks, then biodegrade in six months.
- Also suitable for domestic composting, but process will take longer (timescale will vary according to composting conditions).
- Food-safe bag.
- Features printed green leaf logo and two 'compostable' messages.
- Store away from direct sunlight, heat sources and humidity; use within 12 months of delivery.
Large clear compostable packing bag (20 micron) dimensions
- Internal width: 300mm (12")
- Internal length: 450mm (18")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- Box quantity: 200 bags
EN13432 standard for compostable packaging
This packaging is compostable, according to the European compostable packaging standard EN13432 (industrial composting). Testing criteria include:
- Disintegration - 12 weeks after composting, a minimum of 90% of material must successfully sift through a 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradability - after 6 months, at least 90% of the material must have biodegraded (into water, CO2, biomass).
- Composting process - there must be no negative effects on the composting process.
- Chemicals - strict limits for heavy metals must be adhered to and all constituent elements must be disclosed.
- Ecotoxicity - plant growth must not be negatively affected by the addition of compost featuring the material.
Compostable packing bags - how to store
To maintain product quality, store these bags away from sources of heat/humidity and direct sunlight. Use within 12 months of delivery.
Clear compostable packing bags - how to dispose
This bag is designed for organic recycling, so please dispose of it in your food waste collection (for industrial composting) or a domestic composting unit after use. If these options are not available, please place in your regular domestic waste. Not suitable for polythene recycling.