Medium clear compostable packing bag (20 micron) features
- Clear 20 micron packing bag - made from milky-white compostable material.
- Heat-sealable bags - suitable for sealing with standard heat sealers.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable, with a minimum 30% renewable content share.
- Complies with compostable standard EN13432.
- Designed to break down in industrial composting units in less than 12 weeks (biodegrades in six months).
- Also suitable for composting at home, but process will take longer (timescale will vary with composting conditions).
- Food-safe product.
- Features two printed 'compostable' messages and a green leaf logo.
- Store away from heat sources, humidity and direct sunlight, and use within 12 months of delivery.
Product dimensions - Medium clear compostable packing bag (20 micron)
- Internal width: 250mm (10")
- Internal length: 300mm (12")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- 400 bags per pack
Compostable packaging - EN13432 standard
This packaging is classified as compostable, according to EN13432 - the harmonised European packaging standard (industrial composting). Testing criteria include:
- Disintegration - 12 weeks after composting, a maximum of 10% of material may remain when sifted through a 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradability - 6 months after composting, at least 90% of material must have decomposed into CO2, water and biomass.
- Composting process - the material must cause no negative effects on the process.
- Chemicals - strict threshold tests for heavy metals must be adhered to; all constituent elements must be disclosed.
- Ecotoxicity - plant growth must not be negatively affected by compost featuring the material.
Compostable packing bags - storage instructions
To maintain product quality, these compostable packing bags should be stored away from direct sunlight and sources of heat and humidity. Use within 12 months of delivery.
How to dispose of clear compostable packing bags
This bag is designed for organic recycling, so please place it in your food waste bin (industrial composting) or domestic compost unit after use. If neither is available, please place in your general waste. Not suitable for polythene recycling.