Clear large biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - product features
- Biodegradable product made from a minimum of 30% recycled content.
- Use, reuse and recycle just like a regular polythene bag.
- Polythene manufactured with Bio-Transformation additive that activates in the event of littering.
- Prolonged exposure to outdoor conditions (air, sunlight, water) will cause the material to self-destruct.
- Bacteria and fungi will then lead to biodegradation within 1-2 years.
- Leaves no microplastics behind and passes strict ecotoxicity tests.
- Complies with BSI standard PAS 9017:2020 (biodegradability of polyolefins).
- Eco-credentials printed on bag (see below).
- Manufactured with (minimum of) 30% recycled content - exempt from Plastic Packaging Tax.
Clear large biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - dimensions
- Internal width: 450mm (18")
- Internal length: 600mm (24")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Box quantity: 300 bags
Large clear biodegradable bag - printed information
Printed with the following information, outlining the bag's eco-credentials:
- BIODEGRADABLE for a better world...
- Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins.
How to store this clear large biodegradable packing bag
The biodegradable properties of this bag means it has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Bags should be stored in their original packaging at room temperature (17-23°C) and out of direct sunlight to maximise this shelf life.
Bio-Transformation (Bio-T) packaging - how to dispose
These Bio-T bags are designed to be recycled after use, along with other soft plastics such as traditional carrier bags. You can use our handy website tool to find your local bag collection point.
Please note that, although these bags will biodegrade in the natural environment if they escape waste streams, they will *not* biodegrade in a closed composting environment.
For bags that you can use to collect and dispose of food waste, please see our range of compostable packaging bags.