Important note on sealing this mailing bag
Due to the nature of the material the self-adhesive peel 'n seal strip is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing. A permanent seal requires the mailer to be left at room temperature for several hours once sealed.
Compostable C5 mailing bag features
- Eco-friendly postage solution.
- Made from compostable material with a minimum renewable content share of 30%.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable in accordance with EN13432.
- Designed to disintegrate in industrial compost units in less than 12 weeks, then biodegrade in six months.
- Also suitable for domestic composting, although process will take longer (timescale will vary).
- Back of the bag printed with a green compostable leaf motif and the text 'COMPOSTABLE for a better world...' plus 'MATERIAL CONFORMS TO EN 13432'.
- Sender address box and safety warning notice printed on the sealable flap.
Compostable C5 mailing bag sizes
- Internal width: 160mm (6")
- Internal length: 230mm (9")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- 200 bags per box
Compostable standard EN13432 criteria
This mailing bag conforms to compostable standard EN13432, by meeting the following testing criteria:
- After 12 weeks, at least 90% of material must have disintegrated into pieces smaller than 2mm x 2mm
- After six months, the material must biodegrade into carbon dioxide (CO2), water and biomass, with CO2 output at 90% of control sample
- The material must not exceed strict limits for fluorine, volatile matter and 10 heavy metals (including lead, mercury and zinc)
- The material must not adversely affect the quality of the compost to which it is added
Storage for compostable/biodegradable mailing bags
Store bags away from humidity, heat sources and direct sunlight; use within 12 months of delivery.
Disposing of compostable/biodegradable mailing bags
This bag is suitable for organic recycling, so can be placed in your food waste bin, or home compost. If neither of these are available, please dispose of in your regular waste bin. Do not place in your regular recycling.