Large clear biodegradable packing bag - product features
- Environmentally-friendly biodegradable polythene bag.
- Manufactured with a bio-additive to accelerate the degradation process.
- Use just like a regular polythene bag throughout product service life.
- Bio-additive kicks in rapid degradation in the unwanted event of littering.
- Scientifically proven to biodegrade (within 1-2 years) in the open environment.
- Breaks down into environmentally-benign materials (CO2, water and humus).
- Passes ecotoxicity tests - no microplastics.
- Complies with BSI PAS 9017:2020 - the new British standard for biodegradable plastic.
- Bag printed with eco credentials (full details below).
- Food-safe bag suitable for direct contact with food.
- This product has a shelf life of up to 12 months (see storage instructions).
- 100% recyclable.
Large clear biodegradable bag dimensions
- Internal width: 457mm (18")
- Internal length: 610mm (24")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- Each box contains 500 bags
Large clear biodegradable bag - printed eco information
This biodegradable bag is printed with a useful message for customers and end-users, outlining its eco-credentials:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world...
"Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
How to store this large clear biodegradable packing bag
The biodegradable properties of this bag mean it should be stored in a dry place, out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (17-23°C). Not doing so may reduce the bag's shelf life.
How to dispose of Bio-T (Bio-Transformation) bags
These bags are designed to be reused and then recycled. If your local council does not offer soft plastic recycling, we suggest taking them to your local bag collection point - often found at major supermarkets.
Please note that these bags are *not* designed to biodegrade in closed composting environments, so are not suitable for collecting and disposing of food waste.
You may prefer our range of compostable packing bags, which can be disposed of with your food waste and meet compostable standard EN13432.