Important: sealing this compostable mailing bag
Please note that the adhesive peel and seal strip on this mailing bag is only semi-permanent on initial sealing, due to the compostable nature of the material. For a permanent seal, please leave the mailing bag at room temperature for several hours once sealed.
Product features - C5+ compostable co-extruded mailing bag
- C5+ size mailing bag to fit contents slightly bigger than A5.
- Opaque co-extruded bag features two layers: ivory white outer and coloured inner.
- Envelope flap printed with sender address box, safety warning notice and disposal instructions.
- Compostable product, in line with European standard EN13432 (see below).
- Plasticiser-free, renewable polymers with bio-based carbon share of 30% or more (ASTM D6866).
- Suitable for industrial composting (less than 90 days) or domestic composting (may take longer).
- Features printed compostable leaf logo and message: 'Compostable - For a better world...'
Small (C5+) compostable co-extruded mailer - dimensions
- Internal width: 170mm (7")
- Internal length: 250mm (10")
- Polythene thickness: 50 micron (200 gauge)
- 200 bags per box
Compostable standard EN13432
This mailing bag conforms to European compostable standard EN13432. This means it meets the following standards:
- Minimum 90% of material biodegrades (into CO2, water and minerals) within six months
- Must decompose to the extent that, after 12 weeks, at least 90% can pass through a 2x2mm mesh
- Must meet limits for volatile matter, fluorine and 10 heavy metals, including copper, zinc and mercury
- Adding compostable packaging to compost should not affect the compost quality
Storing compostable mailing bags
Please store in a cool, dry place and use within 12 months. Exposure to humidity, direct heat, sunlight or moisture can reduce shelf life.
How to dispose - compostable mailing bags
Organic recycling only. Please dispose of in your food waste bin or domestic compost. If this is not possible, please place in regular domestic waste. Not suitable for polythene recycling.