Please note: sealing this compostable mailing bag
The compostable material used in this mailing bag means that the adhesive peel and seal strip is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing. For a permanent seal, please leave the mailing bag at room temperature for several hours once sealed.
Product features - C4+ compostable co-extruded mailing bag
- C4+ size mailing bag to fit contents slightly bigger than A4.
- Opaque co-extruded bag with white outer layer and coloured inner layer means bag contents can not be seen.
- Mailing bag flap printed with sender address box, disposal instructions and suffocation warning notice.
- Meets European compostability standard EN13432 (see below).
- Plasticiser-free material made from naturally-sourced polymers with a renewable content share of 30% or more (ASTM D6866).
- Suitable for composting in industrial (< 90 days) or domestic (> 90 days) composting units.
- Features printed message: 'Compostable - For a better world...' alongside a compostable leaf logo.
Medium (C4+) compostable co-extruded mailer - dimensions
- Internal width: 250mm (10")
- Internal length: 350mm (14")
- Polythene thickness: 50 micron (200 gauge)
- Box quantity: 200 bags
Compostable packaging standard EN13432
This compostable mailing bag conforms to European standard EN13432, which means it meets the following standards:
- Within six months, at least 90% of material must biodegrade into CO2, water and minerals
- Must decompose into small pieces so that at least 90% can pass through a 2x2mm mesh after 12 weeks
- Does not exceed limits for volatile matter, fluorine and 10 heavy metals, including zinc, lead and mercury
- Compost quality must not be adversely affected when the material is added (as per ecotoxicity tests)
Where to store compostable mailing bags
Please store in a cool, dry place, away from humidity, direct heat sources, sunlight or moisture. Use within 12 months.
How should I dispose of compostable co-extruded mailing bags?
Organic recycling only. Should be placed in your food waste bin or a domestic compost heap. If neither is possible, place in regular domestic waste. Not suitable for plastic recycling.