Please note: sealing this mailing bag
This mailing bag's self-adhesive sealing strip is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing, due to the compostable nature of its material. For a permanent seal, please seal the mailing bag and leave at room temperature for several hours before posting.
Compostable C4 co-extruded mailing bag features
- C4 size mailing bag to fit A4 size contents.
- Co-extruded bag with ivory white outer layer and dark inner layer ensuring bag contents can not be seen.
- Mailing bag flap features printed sender address box, disposal instructions and suffocation warning notice.
- Conforms to European compostability standard EN13432 (see below).
- Plasticiser-free material made from naturally-sourced polymers with a bio-based carbon share exceeding 30% (ASTM D6866).
- Suitable for industrial composting units - designed to disintegrate in 90 days or less.
- Suitable for domestic composting (will take longer than 90 days).
- Printed leaf logo appears alongside message: 'Compostable - For a better world...'
Medium (C4) compostable co-extruded mailing bag size
- Internal width: 230mm (9")
- Internal length: 325mm (13")
- Polythene thickness: 50 micron (200 gauge)
- Boxed in quantity of 200 bags
European standard EN13432 (Compostability)
This compostable mailing bag conforms to European standard EN13432, by meeting the following requirements:
- 90% or more of the bag breaks down (into CO2, water and minerals) within six months
- Must break down into tiny pieces so that at least 90% can pass through a 2x2mm mesh after 12 weeks
- Not exceed content limits for volatile matter, fluorine and 10 heavy metals, including copper, lead and mercury
- Exotocity tests must show that the material does affect the quality of any compost to which it is added
How to store compostable mailing bags
Please store in a cool, dry place and use within 12 months. Humidity, direct heat, sunlight or moisture can reduce the bags' shelf life.
How should I dispose of compostable mailing bags?
Please dispose of this bag in food waste collection or home compost. If not possible, place in regular domestic waste. Not suitable for recycling.