Important note: how to seal this mailing bag
Please note that on initial sealing, the adhesive seal on this mailing bag will only be semi-permanent, due to the compostable material involved. For a permanent seal, please seal the mailing bag and leave at room temperature for several hours before posting.
Large compostable co-extruded mailing bag - features
- Large co-extruded compostable mailer to fit bulky contents.
- Opaque co-extruded bag with two layers - ivory white outer and coloured inner - ensuring contents are hidden.
- Sender address box, suffocation warning notice and disposal instructions all printed on mailing bag flap.
- Compostable material with a minimum 30% renewable content.
- Conforms to compostable standard EN13432 (see below).
- Designed to disintegrate in industrial composting units within 12 weeks, then biodegrade within six months.
- Also suitable for domestic composting, but will take longer (timsecale depends on disposal environment).
- Printed leaf logo and message to clearly denote a compostable product.
Large compostable co-ex mailing bag size
- Internal width: 300mm (12")
- Internal length: 420mm (17")
- Polythene thickness: 50 micron (200 gauge)
- 200 bags per box
EN13432 - Compostable packaging
In compliance with European compostable standard EN13432, this mailing bag meets the following standards:
- Minimum 90% breaks down to CO2, water and minerals within six months
- After 12 weeks, at least 90% of material must have broken down into pieces that fit through a 2x2mm mesh
- Material must not exceed limits for fluorine, volatile matter and 10 heavy metals, including mercury, copper and lead
- Ecotoxicity tests must show that compost quality is not adversely affected when the material is added
Storage instructions - compostable mailing bags
Compostable packaging should be stored away from direct heat sources, sunlight, humidity or moisture; use within 12 months.
How to dispose of compostable mailers
Please place these bags with suitable contents in your food waste collection bin or home composting unit. If neither is possible, please use regular domestic waste. Not suitable for recycling.