Product features - medium compostable packing bag (40 micron)
- Clear 40-micron thick bag - double the thickness of traditional compostable bags.
- Clear compostable material appears frosted when compared to traditional clear polythene.
- Made from a compostable polymer blend with a renewable content share of 30% or more.
- Meets European compostable standard EN13432.
- Breaks down within 12 weeks and biodegrades within six months in industrial composting units.
- Suitable for domestic composting, although this process will take longer.
- Food-safe packaging.
- Printed with leaf logo and two messages: 'COMPOSTABLE for a better world...' & 'MATERIAL CONFORMS TO EN13432'.
- Suitable for heat sealing with a standard heat sealer.
Medium clear compostable packing bag (40 micron) sizes
- Internal width: 250mm (X")
- Internal length: 300mm (X")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- 400 bags per box
Compostable standard EN13432
To be classified as compostable, this bag meets criteria for standard EN13432 (industrial composting). These include:
- Disintegration - after 3 months, a minimum of 90% of material must successfully sift through a 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradability - 90% of material must break down within 6 months.
- Compostability (practical) - there must be no negative effects on the composting process.
- Chemicals - all elements must be disclosed and strict threshold tests for heavy metals must be adhered to.
- Ecotoxicity - resultant compost must not have a negative effect on plant growth.
Storing clear compostable packing bags
These compostable bags should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from sources of heat/humidity and direct sunlight. Use within 12 months.
Clear compostable packing bags - end of life options
This bag is designed for industrial composting, so please dispose of it in your food waste bin after use, or a home composting unit. If neither is possible, please place in your regular domestic waste. Not suitable for polythene recycling.