Product features - Medium clear compostable carrier bag
- 100% compostable and biodegradable material.
- Complies with compostable standard EN13432 (see below).
- Made from sustainable material with a 40% renewable content share.
- 60-micron thickness gives the bag a substantial look and feel.
- 90cm bottom gusset expands to make room for bulky items.
- Safe for food contact.
- Clear bag provides a great way to showcase your products.
- Printed 'Compostable' and 'Renewable' leaf logos allow you to showcase your green credentials.
Medium clear compostable carrier bag - dimensions
- Internal width: 375mm (15")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Bottom gusset: 90mm (4")
- Polythene thickness: 60 micron (240 gauge)
- Box quantity: 200 bags
Summary of EN13432 - the compostable standard
This bag conforms to the compostable packaging standard EN13432, which means it passes the following tests:
- Disintegration - a minimum of 90% of the composted material must pass through a 2x2mm mesh after 12 weeks
- Biodegradability - at least 90% of the material must biodegrade into CO2, water and biomass within six months
- Low toxicity - the material must not exceed low, safe levels of toxic elements, including 10 heavy metals and fluoride
- Compost quality - the material must not negatively affect the composting process, or the quality of the compost produced
Compostable packaging storage instructions
To maintain product quality, store in a cool, dry place in original packaging, away from sources of heat or direct sunlight. Use within 12 months.
How to dispose of compostable packaging
These bags are designed to decompose within 12 weeks in an industrial composting unit, so please dispose of in your organic (food) waste collection. They are also suitable for home composting, although this will likely take longer than 12 weeks (timsecales will vary depending on disposal environment). Not suitable for recycling.