Small clear compostable carrier bag - features
- 100% biodegradable and compostable material.
- Conforms to compostable standard EN13432 (details below).
- Made from material with a 40% renewable content share.
- Strong 60-micron thickness gives a substantial look and feel.
- Food-safe material.
- Showcase your products and your green credentials at the same time.
- Features printed 'Compostable' and '40% Renewable' leaf logos, plus disposal instructions and suffocation notice.
Small clear compostable carrier bag size
- Internal width: 200mm (8")
- Internal height: 300mm (12")
- Polythene thickness: 60 micron (240 gauge)
- Box quantity: 500 bags
EN13432 - the compostable standard
This bag is compostable in accordance with European standard EN13432, which means it meets the following criteria:
- Disintegration - at least 90% of composted material must pass through a 2x2mm mesh after 12 weeks
- Biodegradability - the material must demonstrate at least 90% biodegradability (into CO2, water and biomass) within six months
- Low toxicity - the material must demonstrate low levels of toxic elements, including fluoride and 10 heavy metals
- Compost quality - the material must not have any negative effect on the composting process, or the quality of the compost produced
Compostable carrier bag storage instructions
To maintain the quality of the product, these bags should be stored in a cool, dry place in their original packaging, away from sources of heat or direct sunlight. Use within 12 months.
How to dispose of compostable carrier bags
These compostable carrier bags are suitable for organic recycling only. If you are unable to dispose of it in a compost heap or organic waste bin, please place in your domestic waste. Not suitable for regular (non-organic) recycling.