Clear Biodegradable Carrier Bag
550mm wide x 450mm high x 47.5 micron thickness, with 100mm bottom gusset
Large clear biodegradable carrier bag with bottom gusset for extra capacity. Made from 47.5 micron (190 gauge) polythene with bio-additive to accelerate the degradation process. Boxed in 200's.
Large clear biodegradable carrier bag - features
- Eco-friendly shopping bag that proudly displays bag contents.
- Contains a bio-additive designed to accelerate the degradation process.
- 12-month shelf life - looks, feels and behaves like a regular polythene bag during this time.
- After 12 months, degradation accelerated on exposure to sunlight, heat or mechanical stress.
- Will decompose into CO2, water, humus and minerals within 2-5 years (timescale varies according to disposal conditions).
- Can be recycled whilst bag still intact (before degradation begins) - see disposal options below.
- Food-safe product.
Large clear biodegradable carrier bag - sizes
- Internal width: 550mm (22")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Bottom gusset: 100mm (4")
- Polythene thickness: 47.5 micron (190 gauge)
- Boxed in quantity of 200 bags
Storage instructions and shelf life
These biodegradable carrier bags should be stored in a cool, dark place and in their original packaging.
Doing so will help to maximise shelf-life, which is 12 months from the date of manufacture due to bio-additive designed to accelerate the bags' degradation.
Clear biodegradable carrier bags - disposal options
- Recycling - Biodegradable (bio-additive) bags are suitable for recycling until they begin to break down. One noticeable degradation has begun, please dispose of via a different means.
- Home Compost - Bio-additive bags may be disposed of in a home composting unit if the disposal environment is suitable. However, the composting process will likely be slow (may take several years) and composting times will depend on the presence of oxygen (essential), heat, moisture, mechanical stress (movement) and microbes.
- General Waste - Bio-additive bags will break down in the upper regions of landfill, so if recycling is not an option (i.e. the bag has already started to degrade) and suitable home composting is not available, it can be thrown in the bin as a last resort.
- Industrial Compost - Bio-additive bags are not suitable for industrial composting, as the process does not provide exposure to oxygen for the bags to break down. So they should not be disposed of with your food waste collection. For compostable bags that do fit that bill, please see below.
Are you looking for compostable carriers?
For biodegradable carrier bags that can be thrown out in your food waste bin (for industrial compost), please see our range of compostable carrier bags instead.
See more sizes in this range
This product also appears in: