Large clear biodegradable packing bag features
- Eco-friendly polythene bag containing a bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
- Acts like a regular polythene bag during product service life.
- Bio-additive kicks in - accelerating degradation - if bag ends up in the open environment.
- Laboratory tested and proven to biodegrade within 1-2 years.
- Degrades into wax-like substance which biodegrades into CO2, water and biomass.
- Passes ecotoxicity tests and leaves no microplastics.
- Meets BSI standard PAS 9017:2020 (biodegradability of polyolefins).
- Bag printed with biodegradability info (details below).
- Food-safe bag.
- 12-month shelf life.
- 100% recyclable product.
Large clear biodegradable bag size
- Internal width: 381mm (15")
- Internal length: 508mm (20")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- 500 bags per box
Large clear biodegradable bag - printed eco message
Printed with the following information, outlining the bag's eco-credentials:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world... Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
How to store this clear large biodegradable bag
Store at room temperature (17-23°C) in a dry place and out of direct sunlight, to ensure this bag maximises its 12-month shelf life.
Bio-Transformation (Bio-T) bags - how to dispose
To dispose of these biodegradable (Bio-T) bags after use (and reuse), we advise that they are recycled.
If your local council does not collect soft plastics for recycling, we advise taking them to your local bag collection point along with your traditional carrier bags.
Please do *not* place these bags in your food bin, as they are not designed to biodegrade in industrial composting. For bags that can be disposed of with food waste, please see our range of compostable bags.