Large clear biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - product features
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly product made from 30% recycled material.
- Use, reuse and recycle in the same way as a traditional polythene bag.
- Polythene made with Bio-Transformation (Bio-T) additive that speeds up degradation if littered.
- Prolonged exposure to outdoor conditions will trigger the material to self-destruct.
- Bio-T technology will transform the polythene into a wax-like substance.
- Fungi and bacteria then break this down into CO2, water and biomass.
- Will biodegrade in 1-2 years in open environment (laboratory tested).
- Leaves behind no microplastics and meets strict ecotoxicity standards.
- Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 - the British standard for biodegradable plastic.
- Printed with information on bag's biodegradability (details below).
- Made with 30% recycled content (minimum) - exempt from Plastic Packaging Tax.
Large clear biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - sizes
- Internal width: 600mm (24")
- Internal length: 900mm (36")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Box quantity: 150 bags
Clear large biodegradable bag - printed information
This biodegradable bag is printed with a useful message for customers and end-users, outlining its eco-credentials:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world... Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
Bio-T bags - shelf life and storage instructions
These bags have a shelf-life of 12 months from the date of purchase.
We recommend they are stored in their original packaging, away from direct sunlight at room temperature (17-23°C).
Please note: Failure to store these bags correctly can reduce their shelf life.
How to dispose of Bio-T (Bio-Transformation) packaging
Once these bags have finished their useful service, they should be recycled with other soft plastics. You can use our handy website tool to find your local bag collection point.
Please note that these bags should not be used for collecting and disposing of food waste, as they will not biodegrade in a closed composting environment.
For bags that can be used for food waste, please see our range of compostable packaging bags, which conform to the compostable packaging standard EN13432.