Large clear biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - features
- Eco-friendly biodegradable packing bag made with 30% recycled content.
- Use, reuse and recycle just like a traditional polythene bag.
- Bio-Transformation additive leads to accelerated polythene degradation.
- Additive remains dormant during product service life but activates in the event of littering.
- Air, moisture, light will cause product to break down in open environment.
- Microbes will then lead to biodegradation within 1-2 years.
- Leaves behind no microplastics and passes strict ecotoxicity tests.
- Conforms to BSI standard PAS 9017:2020 (biodegradability of polyolefins).
- Eco-credentials printed on bag (details below).
- Manufactured with (minimum) 30% recycled content so exempt from Plastic Packaging Tax.
Large clear biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - dimensions
- Internal width: 375mm (15")
- Internal length: 500mm (20")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- 500 bags per pack
Large clear biodegradable bag - printed message
Printed with the following information, outlining the bag's eco-credentials:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world...
"Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
How to store this large clear biodegradable bag
This bag should be stored at room temperature (17-23°C), out of direct sunlight and used within 12 months from the date of purchase.
Failure to store the bag properly may reduce its shelf life.
Bio-Transformation packaging - how to dispose
To dispose of our biodegradable (Bio-T) bags, we recommend recycling them with other soft plastics at a bag collection point in major supermarkets.
Please avoid disposing of them with food waste or in home compost heaps, as they are not designed to biodegrade in closed environments.
For bags that meet the compostable packaging standard EN13432, please see our range of compostable packing bags.