Clear medium biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - features
- Eco-friendly biodegradable bag made with minimum 30% recycled content.
- Can be used, reused and recycled just like a regular polythene bag.
- Bio-Transformation (Bio-T) additive accelerates degradation in the event of littering.
- Prolonged exposure to outdoor conditions will cause the bag to self-destruct.
- Bio-T technology transforms the polythene into a non-toxic wax-like substance.
- Fungi and bacteria break this wax down into CO2, water and biomass.
- Laboratory tested - will biodegrade in 1-2 years in an open environment.
- Material leaves no microplastics behind and meets strict ecotoxicity standards.
- Compliant with the BSI standard on biodegradability of polyolefins (PAS 9017:2020).
- Biodegradability message printed on bag (see below).
- Manufactured with (min) 30% recycled content so exempt from Plastic Packaging Tax.
Clear medium biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - dimensions
- Internal width: 300mm (12")
- Internal length: 375mm (15")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Box quantity: 750 bags
Clear biodegradable bag - printed eco information
This bag is printed with a message outlining its eco-credentials, which will be of benefit to the end-user:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world... Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
Shelf life and storage instructions for Bio-T packaging
Bio-Transformation (Bio-T) packaging has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of purchase.
We recommended that bags are stored at between 17-23°C, away from direct sunlight and in their original packaging.
Failure to store bags in this manner can reduce their shelf life.
Biodegradable (Bio-T) packaging - how to dispose
Recycle our biodegradable bags with other soft plastics at a bag collection point in major supermarkets.
Please do not dispose of them with food waste or in home compost heaps, as they are not designed to biodegrade in closed environments.
If you're looking for bags that can be disposed of in this way (in line with compostable packaging standard EN13432), check out our selection of compostable packing bags.