Product features - Small ivory-white compostable carrier bag
- The 100% biodegradable and compostable carrier bag.
- Conforms to EN13432 - the compostable standard (details below).
- Sustainable packaging with a 30% renewable content share.
- Quality 60-micron thickness for a substantial look and feel.
- Food-safe product.
- Printed with large '100% Compostable' and small '30% Renewable' leaf logos.
- Also features printed disposal instructions and suffocation notice.
Small ivory-white compostable carrier bag - dimensions
- Internal width: 200mm (8")
- Internal height: 300mm (12")
- Polythene thickness: 60 micron (240 gauge)
- Box quantity: 500 bags
Compostable packaging standard EN13432
This packaging passes the following tests, in line with compostable standard EN13432:
- Disintegration - after 12 weeks, no more than 10% of the composted material must be in pieces larger than 2mm x 2mm
- Biodegradability - within six months, the material must demonstrate at least 90% biodegradability (into CO2, water and biomass)
- Low toxicity - the material must demonstrate low levels of toxic elements, including copper, zinc, mercury and other heavy metals
- Compost quality - the material must not have any negative effect on the quality of the compost produced, or the composting process itself
How to store compostable packaging
This compostable product should be stored in a cool, dry place in its original packaging, away from heat sources or direct sunlight, to maintain product quality. Use within 12 months.
Compostable packaging - how to dispose
These bags are designed to disintegrate in 12 weeks in industrial composting (food waste bin). They are also suitable for home composting, although this process will take longer. If you can not dispose of in either a food waste bin or home composting unit, please place in your domestic waste. Not suitable for recycling.