Medium ivory-white compostable carrier bag - features
- The 100% compostable carrier bag.
- Complies with EN13432 - the compostable standard (see below).
- Sustainable material with a renewable content share of 30%.
- Quality 60-micron thickness gives the bag a substantial look and feel.
- 90cm bottom gusset opens out for bulky items.
- Contact-safe for food produce.
- Printed '100% Compostable' and '30% Renewable' logos show off green credentials.
- Disposal instructions and suffocation notice also printed on side of bag.
Medium ivory-white compostable carrier bag size
- Internal width: 375mm (15")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Bottom gusset: 90mm (4")
- Polythene thickness: 60 micron (240 gauge)
- Box quantity: 200 bags
EN13432 - the compostable packaging standard
This packaging conforms to the following criteria, in line with compostable standard EN13432:
- Disintegration - after 12 weeks, at least 90% of the composted material must be in pieces smaller than 2mm x 2mm
- Biodegradability - within six months, at least 90% of the material must biodegrade into CO2, water and biomass
- Low toxicity - the material must demonstrate low, safe levels of toxic elements, including zinc, lead, mercury and other heavy metals
- Compost quality - the material must not negatively affect the the quality of the compost produced, or the composting process itself
How to store compostable carrier bags
To maintain product quality, these compostable carrier bags should be stored in a cool, dry place in their original packaging, away from sources of heat or direct sunlight. Use within 12 months.
Compostable carrier bags - how to dispose
After use, please dispose of these bags in your food waste bin - which is taken to an industrial composting unit - or a domestic compost heap. If neither of these are available, please place in your domestic waste. Not suitable for regular (non-organic) recycling.