Ivory-white medium compostable carrier bag features
- Eco-friendly carrier bag - 100% compostable and biodegradable.
- Conforms to standard EN13432 for industrial composting (details below).
- Made from material with a minimum 30% renewable content share.
- Strong 65-micron thickness for a sturdy bag with a quality finish.
- Material safe for direct food contact.
- Printed with green text and logo to advertise the bag's biodegradable, eco-friendly characteristics.
Medium ivory-white compostable carrier bag - dimensions
- Internal width: 375mm (15")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Polythene thickness: 65 micron (260 gauge)
- Box quantity: 100 bags
EN13432 - the industrial composting standard
This carrier bag meets the following criteria, which means that it conforms to the European industrial composting standard EN13432:
- Disintegration - the material fragments rapidly so that, after 12 weeks, less than 10% of its original mass is evident when sifted through a 2mm x 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradation - the material must biodegrade into CO2, water and biomass within six months (CO2 output must equal 90% of control sample).
- Ecotoxicity - the material must meet strict safety limits for toxic materials, including fluoride, zinc, mercury lead and other heavy metals.
- Compost quality - the quality of compost produced must not be negatively affected by the introduction of the material to the composting environment.
Storage instructions - compostable carrier bags
These bags should be stored in their original packaging, in a cool, dry place to preserve their quality. Please keep away from direct sources of heat, moisture or sunlight and use within 12 months.
How to dispose - Compostable carrier bags
After use, please dispose of these compostable bags in your food waste bin. Food waste collections are taken to industrial composting units, for which these bags have been designed. Here they will disintegrate within 12 weeks and biodegrade within 6 months.
They are also suitable for home composting, although this process will take longer and will vary according to the disposal conditions.
If neither composting option is available, please place these bags in your regular domestic waste, as they are not suitable for recycling.