Large green compostable vest carrier bag - features
- The classic lightweight shopping bag - now 100% compostable.
- Printed with dark green '100% Compostable logo' and compliance logos.
- Eco-friendly product - can be reused as a food waste bin liner.
- Material conforms to compostable standard EN13432.
- Minimum 30% renewable content share.
- Quality 28-micron bag thickness for a stronger vest carrier.
- Features side gussets that expand, allowing room for bulky items.
- Material suitable for use with food produce.
Green maxi compostable carrier bag size
- Internal width (closed): 300mm (12")
- Internal width (open): 480mm (19")
- Internal height: 580mm (23")
- Polythene thickness: 28 micron (112 gauge)
- Box quantity: 200 bags
Standard EN13432 - criteria
This bag conforms to EN13432 testing criteria for compostable products:
- Disintegration - 90% or more of the composted material must pass through a 2x2mm mesh after 12 weeks.
- Biodegradability - in six months, the material must demonstrate at least 90% biodegradability (into CO2, water and biomass).
- Compost quality - the composted material must not negatively affect the quality of the compost produced. It must also meet safe limits for volatile matter, fluoride and 10 heavy metals.
How to store compostable vest carrier bags
Please store in a cool, dry place, away from sources of heat or direct sunlight and in original packaging to maintain product quality. Use within 12 months.
How to dispose of these compostable vest carriers
These vest carrier bags offer a helpful secondary use as a bin liner for collecting food waste. They can be disposed of, along with their contents, in your food waste collection, as they are designed to break down in industrial composting units within 12 weeks.
The bags are also suitable for home composting, although this process will likely take longer than 12 weeks (timescales will vary depending on the composting environment).
Not suitable for regular (non-organic) recycling.