Important - please note: sealing compostable mailing bags
Due to the compostable nature of its material, when you first seal a compostable mailing bag, the peel & seal strip provides only a semi-permanent seal. For a more permanent seal, please leave the bag at room temperature for several hours before posting.
Product features - C4+ compostable green mailing bag
- C4+ size mailing bag - ideal for contents slightly bigger than A4 size.
- Opaque green bag stands out from the crowd and signals your green credentials from the moment your delivery arrives.
- Eco-credentials reinforces with printed leaf logo and the message: 'Compostable - For a better world...'.
- Sender address box, disposal instructions and safety warning notice all printed on the bag's flap.
- Material conforms to EN13432 - the European compostable standard (see below).
- Designed for industrial composting, where bag will disintegrate within 12 weeks and biodegrade within six months.
- Can also be placed in domestic composting, although this process will take longer (actual time will depend on composting conditions).
- Made from a compostable polymer blend with a minimum renewable content share of 30%.
Medium (C4+) compostable black mailing bag size
- Internal width: 250mm (10")
- Internal length: 350mm (14")
- Polythene thickness: 50 micron (200 gauge)
- Boxed in quantity of 200 bags
Compostable packaging and the EN13432 standard
This compostable mailing bag conforms to the European standard EN13432 (industrial composting), by meeting the following requirements:
- The bag must break down into small pieces so that, after 12 weeks, at least 90% of it can pass through a 2x2mm mesh
- At least 90% of the bag's material must biodegrade into CO2 (carbon dioxide), water and minerals within six months
- The material must meet strict limits for volatile matter, fluorine and 10 heavy metals, including zinc, mercury and copper.
- The material must pass ecotoxicity tests - adding it to compost must not affect the quality of that compost
Compostable mailing bags - how to store
Store in cool, dry place, away from sunlight, heat or moisture and use within 12 months.
How should I dispose of green compostable mailers?
This bag should be disposed of in your food waste bin or a domestic compost heap after use. If neither option is available, please place it in your regular domestic waste. Not suitable for plastic recycling.