Small compostable packing bag (20 micron) features
- Clear packing bag (20 micron thick) made with flexible milky-white compostable material.
- Heat-sealable. Suitable for sealing with a regular heat sealer.
- 100% compostable material, with a renewable content share of 30% minimum.
- Compliant with industrial composting standard EN13432.
- Will disintegrate in an industrial composting unit within 12 weeks and biodegrade within six months.
- Also suitable for home composting units - composting time will vary but the process will take longer.
- Food-safe material - suitable for direct food contact.
- Printed with a green leaf logo and two compostability messages.
- Should be stored in a cool, dry place and used within 12 months of delivery.
Small clear compostable packing bag (20 micron) dimensions
- Internal width: 75mm (3")
- Internal length: 125mm (5")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- Box quantity: 1,000 bags
Composable packaging standard EN13432
This bag is suitable for disposable for disposal in an industrial composting unit, according to testing criteria for compostable standard EN13432:
- Disintegration - After 12 weeks, maximum 10% of material may remain when passed through a 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradability - After six months, minimum 90% of material must have biodegraded into carbon dioxide (CO2), water and biomass.
- Composting process - this must not be negatively affected by the introduction of the compostable material.
- Chemicals - all constituent elements of the packaging must be disclosed and strict threshold tests for heavy metals adhered to.
- Ecotoxicity - the introduction of compost featuring the material must have no negative effects on plant growth.
Small compostable packing bags - how to store
These compostable bags should be stored in a cool, dry place and used within 12 months. Direct exposure to sunlight, moisture, heat or humidity can all reduce shelf life.
Compostable packing bags - disposal options
This bag is designed for disposal with food waste in an organic recycling bin (industrial composting) or a domestic composting unit. If composting is not an available option, please place the bag in your general domestic waste. Not suitable for recycling.