Product features - medium compostable packing bag (20 micron)
- Clear milky-white compostable packing bag with 20 micron thickness.
- Heat-sealable bags - suitable for use with a standard heat sealer.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable, with a renewable content share of 30% or more.
- Meets testing criteria for compostable standard EN13432.
- Designed to disintegrate in industrial compost units in 12 weeks, before biodegrading in six months.
- Suitable for domestic composting - timescale will vary according to conditions (longer than industrial composting).
- Food-safe bag - suitable for direct food contact.
- Printed with a green leaf logo and two 'compostable' messages.
- Store in a cool, dry place and use within 12 months of delivery.
Medium clear compostable packing bag (20 micron) sizes
- Internal width: 200mm (8")
- Internal length: 250mm (10")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- 400 bags per box
Compostability - standard EN13432
This packaging is classified as compostable, according to European packaging standard EN13432 (industrial composting). Testing criteria include:
- Disintegration - 12 weeks after composting, no less than 90% of material must successfully sift through a 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradability - 6 months after composting, 90% of material must have broken down (into CO2, water, biomass).
- Compostability - the material must cause no negative effects on the composting process.
- Chemicals - strict threshold tests must be adhered to and all constituent elements must be disclosed.
- Ecotoxicity - plant growth must not be negatively affected by the addition of the resultant compost.
How to store clear compostable packing bags
To maintain product quality, these compostable bags should be stored away from sources of heat/humidity and direct sunlight. Use within 12 months of delivery.
Compostable packing bags - how to dispose
Organic recycling only. Please dispose of this bag in your food waste collection (for industrial composting) or a domestic composting unit after use. If neither of these is available, please place in your regular domestic waste. Not suitable for polythene recycling.