Medium compostable packing bag (20 micron) features
- Clear 20 micron thick bag - made with flexible milky-white compostable material.
- Bags are heat-sealable with a standard heat sealer.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable, with a minimum renewable content share of 30%.
- Conforms to compostable standard EN13432.
- Designed to disintegrate in industrial compost units in less than 12 weeks (and biodegrade in six months).
- Suitable for home composting - timescale will vary according to composting conditions (will take longer than industrial composting).
- Suitable for direct food contact.
- Printed with two 'compostable' messages and a green leaf logo.
- Store away from humidity, heat sources and direct sunlight; use within 12 months of delivery.
Medium clear compostable packing bag (20 micron) dimensions
- Internal width: 150mm (6")
- Internal length: 200mm (8")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- Box quantity: 400 bags
Compostability - the EN13432 standard
This bag passes strict testing to be classified as compostable, according to standard EN13432 (industrial composting). Testing criteria include:
- Disintegration - 12 weeks after composting, no more than 10% of material may remain when sifted through a 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradability - 6 months after composting, at least 90% of material must have biodegraded (into CO2, water, biomass).
- Compostability (practical) - the material must cause no negative effects on the composting process.
- Chemicals - constituent elements must be disclosed and strict threshold tests must be adhered to.
- Ecotoxicity - plant growth must not be negatively affected by the resultant compost.
How to store compostable packing bags
To maintain product quality, these bags should be stored away from direct sunlight and sources of heat/humidity. Use within 12 months of delivery.
How to dispose of compostable packing bags
Organic recycling only. Please place this bag in a food waste bin (industrial composting) or domestic compost unit after use. If composting is not available, please place in your general waste. Not suitable for polythene recycling.