Large clear compostable packing bag (20 micron) features
- Clear 20 micron thick packing bag made with translucent milky-white compostable material.
- Bags are suitable for heat sealing with a manual heat sealer.
- 100% compostable material, with a renewable content share of 30% or more.
- Complies with EN13432 - the compostable standard.
- Designed to disintegrate within 12 weeks in industrial composting units; biodegrades in six months.
- Can also be composted at home - timescale will vary according to composting unit conditions, but will take longer than industrial composting.
- Food-safe material - suitable for direct contact with food.
- Printed green leaf logo and two 'compostable' messages display bag's green credentials.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from heat sources and direct sunlight; use within 12 months of delivery.
Product dimensions - Large clear compostable packing bag (20 micron)
- Internal width: 600mm (24")
- Internal length: 900mm (36")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- Box quantity: 100 bags
Standard EN13432 - compostable packaging
This packaging is suitable for industrial composting, in line with European standard EN13432. Testing criteria include:
- Disintegration - a maximum of 10% of material may remain when sifted through a 2mm sieve after 12 weeks.
- Biodegradability - after 6 months, at least 90% of the material must have decomposed into water, CO2 and biomass.
- Composting process - there must be no negative effects on the process of composting.
- Chemicals - all constituent elements must be disclosed and strict limits for heavy metals must be adhered to.
- Ecotoxicity - compost including the material must not have a negative effect on plant growth.
Storage instructions - clear compostable packing bags
These compostable bags should be stored in a cool, dry place. Exposure to heat, humidity, moisture or direct sunlight can reduce shelf-life. Use within 12 months.
Disposal instructions - clear compostable packing bags
After use, please dispose of this bag in a food waste bin (for industrial composting) or a domestic composting unit. If composting is not possible, please place in your general domestic waste collection. Not suitable for recycling.