Product features - large compostable packing bag (20 micron)
- Clear milky-white packing bag - made with 20-micron thick compostable material.
- Suitable for heat sealing with a standard heat sealer.
- 100% compostable material, with a minimum renewable content share of 30%.
- Meets compostable standard EN13432.
- Designed for industrial composting - will disintegrate within 12 weeks and biodegrade within six months.
- Also suitable for domestic composting units - timescale will vary according to conditions (but will take longer).
- Food-safe - suitable for direct contact with food.
- Two printed 'compostable' messages and a green leaf logo display bag's green credentials.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from humidity, heat and direct sunlight; use within 12 months of delivery.
Large clear compostable packing bag (20 micron) sizes
- Internal width: 450mm (18")
- Internal length: 600mm (24")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- 200 bags per box
EN13432 - compostable packaging
This bag is suitable for industrial composting, according to European packaging standard EN13432. Testing criteria include:
- Disintegration - max 10% of material may remain when sifted through a 2mm sieve after 12 weeks.
- Biodegradability - after 6 months, at least 90% of the material must have broken down (into water, CO2, biomass).
- The material must cause no negative effects on the composting process.
- Chemicals - strict limits for heavy metals must be adhered to; constituent elements must be disclosed.
- Ecotoxicity - compost including the material must not negatively affect plant growth.
Storage instructions - compostable packing bags
These bags should be stored in a cool, dry place. Exposure to direct sunlight, moisture, heat or humidity can reduce shelf life. Use within 12 months.
Disposal instructions - compostable packing bags
Please dispose of this packaging in a food waste bin (for industrial composting) or a domestic composting unit. If neither is available, place in your regular domestic waste. Not suitable for recycling.