Extra large compostable packing bag (20 micron) features
- Clear packing bag made with translucent milky-white compostable material (20 micron).
- Heat-sealable bags - suitable for sealing with a manual heat sealer.
- 100% compostable material, with a minimum 30% renewable content share.
- Compostable standard EN13432 compliant.
- Designed to disintegrate in industrial composting units inside 90 days and biodegrade inside six months.
- Can also be placed in home composting units - timescale will vary but process will take longer.
- Food-safe packaging - suitable for direct contact with food.
- Printed green leaf logo and two 'compostable' messages show off bag's eco-credentials.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and use within 12 months of delivery.
Extra large clear compostable packing bag dimensions
- Internal width: 900mm (36")
- Internal length: 1200mm (48")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- 100 bags per box
EN13432 - compostable packaging criteria
This packaging is classified as suitable for industrial composting, according to EN13432 - the harmonised European standard. Testing criteria include:
- Disintegration - no more than 10% of material may remain when sifted through a 2mm sieve after 12 weeks.
- Biodegradability - at least 90% of the compostable material must have biodegraded after 6 months (into CO2, water and biomass).
- There must be no negative effects on the composting process as a result of introducing the material.
- Chemicals - all elements must be disclosed and strict limits for heavy metals must not be exceeded.
- Ecotoxicity - any compost that includes the material must not negatively affect plant growth.
Storage instructions - compostable clear packing bags
These compostable packing bags should be stored in a cool, dry place. Exposure to direct sunlight, heat, humidity or moisture can reduce shelf-life. Use within 12 months.
Compostable packing bags - disposal instructions
Please dispose of this bag in a food waste bin (for industrial composting) or a home composting unit after use. If neither composting option is available, please place in your regular domestic waste collection. Not suitable for recycling.