Important note - Sealing this mailing bag
Due to the compostable nature of this mailing bag, the peel 'n seal strip is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing. For a permanent seal, the mailing bag needs to be left at room temperature for several hours once sealed.
Compostable C5+ mailing bag features
- Environmentally-friendly postage solution.
- Features a minimum renewable content share of 30%.
- 100% compostable and biodegradable in compliance with standard EN13432.
- Disintegrates (within 12 weeks) and then biodegrades (within six months) in industrial compost units.
- Suitable for domestic composting (disintegration time will vary, but will take longer than industrial compost).
- Features a printed green compostable leaf logo on the back (sealing side) of the bag, with the text 'COMPOSTABLE for a better world... MATERIAL CONFORMS TO EN 13432'.
- The bag's fold-down flap is printed with a sender address box and safety warning notice.
Compostable C5+ mailing bag dimensions
- Internal width: 170mm (7")
- Internal length: 250mm (10")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Box quantity: 200 bags
Compostable standard EN13432 testing criteria
This compostable mailing bag conforms to standard EN13432 (industrial composting), which means it meets the following criteria:
- 12 weeks after composting, at least 90% of material must have disintegrated into pieces smaller than 2mm x 2mm
- Six months after composting, at least 90% of the material must have biodegraded into carbon dioxide (CO2), water and biomass (measured by CO2 output vs control sample)
- The composted material must not exceed strict limits for toxic elements, including lead, mercury and other heavy metals
- The composted material must not adversely affect the quality of the compost itself
Storage for compostable mailing bags
Store bags away from heat sources, humidity and direct sunlight; use within 12 months.
Disposing of compostable mailing bags
This bag is designed for industrial composting (food waste bin) but can also be added to home compost. If neither composting option is available, please dispose of in your regular waste bin. Not suitable for recycling.