Small compostable header bag - features
- Compostable and 80% renewable - one of our most eco-friendly products.
- Attractive display bag for hanging a range of lightweight items in a retail environment.
- Bottom-fill bag featuring a reinforced header and Euroslot for easy hanging.
- Features handy peel & seal strip at bottom of bag. Also heat-sealable.
- Made from Nativia film, which is' OK Biobased'-certified by TUV Austria.
- Minimum bio-based renewable content share of 80%.
- Fully compostable product - complies with EN13432 standard.
- Food-safe product.
- Printed 'Compostable' leaf logo displays green credentials.
Small compostable header bag size
- Internal width: 90mm (4")
- Internal length: 100mm (4")
- Plus bottom (resealable) lip: 30mm (1")
- Plus white header (with Euroslot): 30mm (1")
- Polythene thickness: 30 micron (120 gauge)
- Box quantity: 1,000 bags
Compostable standard EN13432
This bag is made from compostable film, according to the European standard EN13432:
- The material must break down into tiny pieces so that, after 12 weeks, at least 90% of it can pass through a 2x2mm mesh.
- Over 90% of its material must biodegrade into CO2, water and biomass within six months.
- The material must conform to limits for volatile matter, fluorine and 10 heavy metals, whilst not adversely affecting the quality of any compost to which it is added.
Important product storage information - compostable header bags
We recommend that these header bags are stored in their original wrapping, in a cool, dry place. Please keep away from any local heat source or direct sunlight and use within 12 months.
Compostable header bag - disposal options
These bags have been designed to biodegrade in industrial composting conditions within 12 weeks, in line with EN13432 (see above). Therefore, please place in your organic waste (food waste) bin if available - check locally for recycling options. These bags are also suitable for home composting, although timescales will vary (likely longer than 12 weeks).