Product features - Small (C6) compostable header bag
- Fully compostable and from a renewable source - one of our most eco-friendly products.
- Snazzy display bag for hanging a range of items in a retail environment.
- Bottom-fill bag featuring a reinforced header with Euroslot for hanging displays.
- Easy to seal with integral peel & seal strip. Also heat-sealable.
- Made from compostable Nativia film - certified 'OK Biobased' (TUV Austria).
- Bio-based renewable content share of 80% or more.
- Fully compostable in accordance with EN13432 standard.
- Suitable for food contact.
- Printed 'Compostable' leaf logo displays eco-friendly credentials.
Small (C6) compostable header bag - dimensions
- Internal width: 110mm (4")
- Internal length: 160mm (6")
- Plus bottom (resealable) lip: 30mm (1")
- Plus white header (with Euroslot): 30mm (1")
- Polythene thickness: 30 micron (120 gauge)
- 1,000 bags per box
EN13432 - the compostable standard
This bag is made from compostable material that complies with European standard EN13432:
- The material must break down into tiny pieces, 90% of which can pass through a 2x2mm mesh after 12 weeks.
- At least 90% of this material must biodegrade into CO2, water and biomass within six months.
- The material must conform to limits for fluorine, volatile matter and 10 heavy metals, whilst not negatively impacting the quality of any compost to which it is added.
Product storage information - compostable header bags
To preserve product quality, these header bags should be stored in their original wrapping, in a cool, dry place away from any local heat source or direct sunlight. Use within 12 months.
Disposal options - compostable header bag
Please place these bags in your organic/food waste bin, if available (check locally for recycling options), as they are designed to biodegrade in industrial composting conditions in line with EN13432 (see above). Also suitable for home composting, although timescales will vary depending on disposal conditions (likely longer than 12 weeks).