Important note: sealing this mailing bag
Due to the compostable nature of this mailing bag, the adhesive peel and seal strip is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing. For a permanent seal, please leave the sealed mailing bag at room temperature for several hours.
Compostable C5 co-extruded mailing bag features
- C5 size mailing bag to fit A5 size contents.
- Opaque co-extruded bag features ivory white outer layer and coloured inner layer.
- Envelope flap features printed sender address box, safety warning notice and disposal instructions.
- Compostable product in accordance with European standard EN13432 (see below).
- Biologically-sourced polymers with renewable bio-based carbon-share exceeding 30% (ASTM D6866). Plasticiser-free.
- Designed to biodegrade in industrial composting units in 90 days or less.
- Suitable for home composting (time varies, but will normally take longer than 90 days).
- Printed with compostable leaf logo and message: 'Compostable - For a better world...'
Small (C5) compostable co-extruded mailing bag size
- Internal width: 160mm (6")
- Internal length: 230mm (9")
- Polythene thickness: 50 micron (200 gauge)
- Box quantity: 200 bags
Compostability standard EN13432
This mailing bag meets the European compostable standard EN13432, which means it complies with the following requirements:
- At least 90% of material must biodegrade (into CO2, water and minerals) within six months
- Material must decompose into tiny pieces so that, after 12 weeks, at least 90% of it can pass through a 2x2mm mesh
- Material must meet limits for volatile matter, fluorine and 10 heavy metals, including copper, zinc and lead
- Adding the packaging to compost should not affect the quality of that compost, as determined by ecotoxicity tests
Compostable mailing bags - storage instructions
Please store these compostable mailing bags away from humidity, heat sources and direct sunlight; use within 12 months of delivery.
Compostable mailing bags - how to dispose
These bags should be disposed of in your food waste bin (industrial compost) or a domestic compost heap. If neither is possible, please place in your regular domestic waste. Not suitable for recycling.