Clear compostable pedal bin liner features
- Fully compostable pedal bin liner - biodegrades into CO2, water and biomass
- Clear material with a slightly frosted appearance compared to traditional clear polythene.
- Suitable for tall pedal bins, swing bins or roll-top bins
- Ideal for the collection of food scraps and other compostable waste
- Helps to get rid of unpleasant odours and keep your bin fresh
- Material meets EN13432 - the composting standard
- Will disintegrate in 12 weeks and then biodegrade in six months in industrial composting conditions
- Also suitable for domestic compost units, but the composting process will take longer (timescale will vary according to disposal conditions)
- Made with a minimum renewable content share of 30%
Clear compostable pedal bin liner dimensions
- Internal width (closed): 325mm (13")
- Internal width (open): 575mm (23")
- Internal length: 750mm (30")
- Polythene thickness: 20 micron (80 gauge)
- Bag capacity: Approx. 45 litres
- Box quantity: 300 bags (or 100 per mini pack)
EN13432 compostable standard
This pedal bin liner meets industrial composting standard EN13432. This means that 90% of it must disintegrate - into 2mm x 2mm pieces or smaller - within 12 weeks, whilst 90% of it must biodegrade - into CO2, water and biomass - within six months.
The bag must also meet strict upper limits for toxic materials - including fluoride and 10 heavy metals - and it must not negatively affect compost quality.
White compostable pedal bin liner - strorage instructions
To maintain the quality of these compostable pedal bin liners, please store them in a cool, dry place, in their original packaging, and use within 12 months.
How to dispose of clear compostable pedal bin liners
These pedal bin liners are designed to completely break down in industrial composting units (in line with EN13432), so please dispose of them in your food waste bin.
They are also suitable for domestic compost units, but the breakdown process will take much longer and does not meet EN13432 timescales.
If you are not able to compost these bags, please thrown them in your regular waste. Not suitable for recycling.