Product features - large compostable packing bag (40 micron)
- Clear bag with 40-micron thickness - twice the thickness of traditional compostable bags.
- Our clear compostable material has a frosted look, compared to traditional clear polythene.
- Made from compostable material with a renewable content share of 30% or more.
- Conforms to EN13432 - the European compostable standard.
- Breaks down in industrial composting conditions in maximum 12 weeks and biodegrades in six months.
- Suitable for home composting, but process will take longer (timescale will vary in line with composting conditions).
- Food-safe packaging - suitable for direct food contact.
- Printed with two messages - 'COMPOSTABLE for a better world...' & 'MATERIAL CONFORMS TO EN13432' - and green leaf logo.
- Heat-sealable bags suitable for use with a standard heat sealer.
Large clear compostable packing bag (40 micron) sizes
- Internal width: 450mm (X")
- Internal length: 600mm (X")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- 200 bags per box
European compostable standard EN13432
Compostable packaging must meet strict criteria as laid out by European harmonised standard EN13432 (industrial composting). These include:
- Disintegration - after 12 weeks, no less than 90% of material must successfully sift through a 2mm sieve.
- Biodegradability - 90% of material must have broken down within 6 months.
- Practical compostability - the material must cause no negative effects on the composting process.
- Chemicals - strict threshold tests for heavy metals must be adhered to and all elements must be disclosed.
- Ecotoxicity - compost featuring the material must not have a negative effect on plant growth.
Compostable packing bags - product storage
Store in a cool, dry place, away from sources of heat/humidity and direct sunlight. Use within 12 months.
End of life options - clear compostable packing bags
This bag is designed for industrial composting, so please place it in your food waste collection after use, or in a home composting unit. If these are unavailable, please place in your regular domestic waste. Not suitable for recycling.