Clear Biodegradable Carrier Bag
400mm wide x 450mm high x 47.5 micron thickness, with 75mm bottom gusset
Clear biodegradable carrier with bottom gusset for extra bag capacity. Made from 47.5 micron (190 gauge) polythene with bio-additive to accelerate the degradation process. Boxed in 250's.
Product features - clear biodegradable carrier bag
- Environmentally-friendly clear carrier bag that proudly displays contents.
- Manufactured using a bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
- Similar strengths and properties to a regular polythene bag during 12-month shelf life.
- Degradation triggered after this point on exposure to sunlight, heat or mechanical stress.
- Will break down into CO2, water, humus and minerals within 2-5 years, depending on disposal conditions.
- Suitable for recycling before degradation occurs - see disposal options below.
- Food-safe material - suitable for direct food contact.
Product dimensions - clear biodegradable carrier bag
- Internal width: 400mm (16")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Bottom gusset: 75mm (3")
- Polythene thickness: 47.5 micron (190 gauge)
- 250 bags per box
Storage instructions and shelf life
Please store these biodegradable carrier bags in their original packaging in a cool, dark place.
This will help to maximise the bags' shelf-life - 12 months from date of manufacture - which risks being reduced if exposed to heat or sunlight, due to the bio-additive designed to accelerate the degradation process.
Biodegradable packaging - disposal options
- Recycling - This carrier bag is suitable for recycling alongside traditional carrier bags before it begins to degrade. If the bag has already started to break down, it is no longer suitable for recycling.
- Domestic Compost - This bag can be composted at home, provided the composting unit provides exposure to oxygen (essential), heat, moisture, mechanical stress (movement) and microbes. Please note that home composting times may be very slow (>2 years) and will vary greatly according to composting conditions.
- General Waste - If this bag can no longer be recycled (i.e. already started to degrade) and suitable home composting is not available, it can be thrown in the bin as a last resort, as the bio-additive will help the bag to break down in the upper regions landfill.
- Industrial Compost - This carrier bag is not suitable for composting in an industrial composting unit, as there will be insufficient oxygen exposure for the bag to break down properly. Therefore, please do not place this bag in your food waste collection. For suitable bags for this purpose, please see below.
Are you looking for compostable carrier bags?
For eco-friendly carrier bags that can be disposed of with food waste (industrial compost), please see our range of compostable carrier bags instead.
See more sizes in this range
This product also appears in: