Mini clear biodegradable packing bag features
- Environmentally-friendly biodegradable product.
- Use (and reuse) just like a regular polythene bag during product service life.
- Can be recycled in regular soft polythene recycling streams.
- Biotransformation additive accelerates the degradation process in the unwanted event of littering.
- Scientifically-proven to biodegrade in 1-2 years in the open environment.
- Degrades and then disintegrates into natural products - CO2, water and biomass.
- Leaves behind no microplastics and passes ecotoxicity tests.
- Complies with PAS 9017:2020 (BSI standard on biodegradability of polyolefins).
- Printed biodegradability message (details below).
- Bag made from food-safe polythene.
- Shelf life: one year.
- Fully recyclable product.
Mini clear biodegradable bag size
- Internal width: 102mm (4")
- Internal length: 152mm (6")
- Polythene thickness: 37.5 micron (150 gauge)
- Boxed in quantity of 1,000 bags
Mini clear biodegradable bag - printed eco message
This bag is printed with the following useful information for end users:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world... Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
How to store this clear mini biodegradable bag
Biodegradable bags should be stored at 17-23°C in a dry place, out of direct sunlight. Failure to do this may reduce their 12-month shelf life.
How to dispose of biodegradable (Bio-T) packaging
If you wish to dispose of these Bio-T bags after use (and reuse), we advise that they are recycled. If your local council does not collect soft plastics for recycling, we recommend you take them to your local bag collection point along with your traditional carrier bags.
They are designed to biodegrade if they escape waste streams and end up in the natural environment, but will *not* biodegrade if disposed of with your food waste, or in a home compost environment.
For packing bags that do meet compostable packaging standard EN13432, see our range of compostable packing bags.