Extra large clear biodegradable bag (30% recycled) features
- Made from polythene with minimum 30% recycled content and a Bio-Transformation (Bio-T) additive.
- Use, reuse and recycle in the same way as a regular polythene bag.
- If littered, prolonged exposure to outdoor conditions and the Bio-T additive will cause the material to break down into a wax-like substance.
- Fungi and bacteria will then break this substance down into CO2, water and biomass.
- Lab tested - will biodegrade within 1-2 years in the open environment.
- Leaves no microplastics behind and meets strict ecotoxicity standards.
- Complies with PAS 9017:2020 - the new BSI standard for biodegradable plastic.
- Printed with information on bag's biodegradability (see below).
- Made with at least 30% recycled content - exempt from Plastic Packaging Tax.
Extra large clear biodegradable bag (30% recycled) - dimensions
- Internal width: 900mm (36")
- Internal length: 1200mm (48")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Box quantity: 50 bags
Extra large biodegradable bag - printed information
This bag is printed with a helpful useful message for customers and end-users, outlining its biodegradability:
"BIODEGRADABLE for a better world...
"Conforms to BSI PAS 9017:2020 for biodegradability of polyolefins."
How to store this extra large clear biodegradable bag
This eco-friendly product has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Bags should be stored at room temperature (17-23°C), out of direct sunlight and in their original packaging.
Failure to do so may kick-start degradation prematurely and reduce shelf life.
Bio-T (Bio-Transformation) packaging - how to dispose
After use, please recycle our biodegradable (Bio-T) bags with other soft plastics by taking them to a local bag collection point.
Our Bio-T bags are not designed to biodegrade in closed composting environments, so are not suitable for the collection and disposal of food waste.
Instead, you may prefer our range of compostable packing bags which can be disposed of with your food waste and are suitable for industrial composting, in line with the compostable standard EN13432.