Biodegradable Carrier Bag (with 'Soon you won't see me' design)
550mm wide x 450mm high x 47.5 micron thickness, with 100mm bottom gusset
Large white biodegradable carrier bag printed 'Now You See Me' on the front and (faded) 'Soon You Won't' on the back. Bottom gusset gives extra bag capacity. 47.5 micron thick. Boxed in 250's.
Product features - large white biodegradable carrier bag
- White carrier bag manufactured with a bio-additive to accelerate the degradation process.
- Printed 'NOW YOU SEE ME' in bold type on one side and 'SOON YOU WON'T' in faded type on the other side.
- Demonstrates similar properties to a regular polythene bag during 12-month shelf life.
- After this period, the bag is designed to begin breaking down on exposure to sunlight, heat or mechanical stress.
- Will decompose into environmentally-benign materials - carbon dioxide (CO2), water and humus - within 2-5 years.
- Can be recycled before the degradation process begins - further details below.
- Food-safe carrier bag - suitable for direct food contact.
Product dimensions - large white biodegradable carrier bag
- Internal width: 550mm (22")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Bottom gusset: 100mm (4")
- Polythene thickness: 47.5 micron (190 gauge)
- Box quantity: 250 bags
Shelf life and storage instructions
Biodegradable carrier bags have a shelf-life of 12 months from the date of manufacture. This is due to the bio-additive contained within the bags design to accelerate the degradation process.
To maximise this shelf life, please store these carrier bags in their original packaging in a cool, dry place.
White biodegradable carriers - disposal options
- Recycling - This carrier bag can be recycled along with traditional polythene bags, provided it is still fully intact. If the bag has started to break down or degrade in any way, it is no longer suitable for recycling and should be disposed of via a different means.
- Home Compost - Biodegradable (bio-additive) bags may be suitable for disposal in a domestic composting unit if conditions are suitable. However, the process will most likely be very slow (may take several years) and will depend on the presence of oxygen (essential), heat, moisture, mechanical stress (movement) and microbes.
- General Waste - If the two options above are not suitable or available, this bag can be disposed of with the general waste as a last resort option. The bio-additive in the carrier bag will help it to break down in the upper regions of landfill.
- Industrial Compost - This carrier bag should not be placed in your food waste collection bin as it is not suitable for industrial composting, due to the lack of oxygen in industrial composting units. For carrier bags suitable for industrial composting, please see below.
Looking for compostable carriers?
If you are looking for biodegradable carrier bags that you can dispose of in your food waste collection bin, please try our range of compostable carrier bags instead.
See more sizes in this range
This product also appears in: