Medium white biodegradable carrier bag - features
- Eco-friendly white carrier bag made with a bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
- Printed with 'NOW YOU SEE ME' on one side and 'SOON YOU WON'T' in faded ink on the other side, to show off eco-credentials.
- 12-month shelf life - demonstrates similar properties to traditional polythene carriers during this period.
- After 12 months, bag is designed to rapidly break down and decompose.
- Will break down into CO2, water, humus and minerals within 2-5 years after degradation begins.
- Suitable for recycling before degradation begins (see 'Disposal options' section, below).
- Carrier bag suitable for direct food-contact.
Medium white biodegradable carrier bag - sizes
- Internal width: 375mm (15")
- Internal height: 450mm (18")
- Bottom gusset: 75mm (3")
- Polythene thickness: 47.5 micron (190 gauge)
- 500 bags per box
Shelf life and storage instructions
Biodegradable packaging has a shelf-life of 12 months from the date of manufacture, due to the bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
To maximise this shelf life, please store these bags in a cool, dry place and in their original packaging.
Disposal options for biodegradable carrier bags
- Recycling - This bag is suitable for recycling alongside traditional polythene bags until the point it starts to break down. Once degradation has begun, it should not be recycled.
- Domestic Compost - This bag can be placed in a domestic compost unit, provided the unit provides suitable disposal conditions, i.e. exposure to oxygen (essential), moisture, heat, mechanical stress (movement) and microbes. Biodegradation times will vary according to disposal conditions, but will be slow and may take several years.
- General Waste - If the above options are not available or suitable, this bag can be thrown in the bin as last resort, as the bio-additive will cause the bag to break down in the upper regions of landfill.
- Industrial Compost - This bag is not suitable for industrial composting, as the process does not provide sufficient exposure to oxygen for the bag to break down. Therefore, please do not dispose of this bag with your food waste. For bags designed for industrial composting, please see below.
Looking for compostable carrier bags?
If you are looking for an eco-friendly carrier bag that can be disposed in your food waste bin, check out our range of compostable carrier bags instead.