White compostable swing bin liner features
- Fully compostable swing bin liner - biodegrades into CO2, water and biomass
- Suitable for tall swing bins, pedal bins or roll-top bins
- Use to collect food or organic waste
- Neutralise unpleasant odours and keep your bin fresh and clean
- Complies with composting standard EN13432
- Will disintegrate (12 weeks max) then biodegrade (six months max) in industrial composting conditions
- Can be disposed of in a domestic composting unit, but this process will take longer (does not meet EN13432 timescale)
- Made with a minimum 30% renewable content share
White compostable swing bin liner dimensions
- Internal width (closed): 330mm (13")
- Internal width (open): 575mm (23")
- Internal length: 750mm (30")
- Polythene thickness: 25 micron (100 gauge)
- Bag capacity: 42 - 45 litres
- Box quantity: 100 bags
EN13432 compostability standard
This swing bin liner conforms to EN13432 industrial composting testing criteria, which include:
- Disintegration - 90% or more of the composted material must pass through a 2x2mm mesh after 12 weeks.
- Biodegradability - 90% or more of the material must biodegrade (into CO2, water and biomass) within six months.
- Compost quality - the material must meet strict upper limits for the presence of toxic elements - including fluoride and 10 heavy metals - and must not negatively affect the quality of the compost to which it is added.
White compostable swing bin liner - strorage instructions
To maintain the quality of these compostable bin liners, we recommend that they are stored in their original packaging in a cool, dry place and used within 12 months.
How to dispose of white compostable swing bin liners
These swing bin liners should be disposed of in your food waste bin as they are designed to biodegrade in industrial composting conditions (see EN13432), along with their contents.
They can also be composted at home, but this process will take much longer (does not meet EN13432 timescales).
This bag is not suitable for recycling so, if neither composting option is available, please dispose of it in your regular waste.