Clear biodegradable grip seal carrier bag features
- Suitable size and design for packing most COVID-19 testing kits.
- Eco-friendly grip seal carrier bag for a reduced environmental impact.
- Manufactured with a bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process.
- 12-month shelf life.
- Same properties as regular polythene grip seal carrier bags during this period.
- Designed to first degrade and then biodegrade after 12 months.
- Will break down into natural elements - CO2, water and humus - within 2-5 years, depending on the disposal environment.
- Can be recycled whilst still intact and before degradation begins - more details below.
Clear biodegradable grip seal carrier bag dimensions
- Internal width: 191mm (8")
- Internal length: 191mm (8")
- Grip seal length: 75mm (3")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Box quantity: 2,000 bags
Storage instructions and shelf life
These biodegradable grip seal carrier bags have a shelf life of 12 months. They should be stored in a cool, dark place in their original packaging to best preserve their shelf-life.
The bio-additive that accelerates the degradation process after 12 months can also be triggered by prolonged exposure to sunlight or heat, so please take care to avoid these in storage.
How to dispose of biodegradable grip seal carrier bags
- Recycling - This grip seal bag can be recycled provided it has not yet started to degrade.
- Composting - This bag is not suitable for industrial composting, so please do not dispose of it in your food waste collection bin. It may be suitable for home composting, but timescales will vary according to local conditions and this could take a number of years.
- Regular waste - The bag can be disposed in your waste collection as a last resort option, as it is designed to degrade more rapidly in landfill than traditional polythene grip seal bags.