Product features - Medium green compostable carrier bag
- 100% compostable and biodegradable carrier bag.
- Conforms to industrial composting standard EN13432 (details below).
- Made from sustainable material with a minimum renewable content share of 30%.
- 60-micron thickness for excellent bag strength a quality look and feel.
- Bottom gusset (90cm) expands to make room for bulky items.
- Food-safe material - suitable for direct food contact.
- Printed '100% Compostable' and '30% Renewable' logos showcase the bag's eco-credentials.
- Also features printed suffocation warning and bag disposal instructions.
Medium green compostable carrier bag - dimensions
- Internal width: 375mm (X")
- Internal height: 450mm (X")
- Bottom gusset: 90mm (X")
- Polythene thickness: 60 micron (240 gauge)
- 200 bags per box
Compostable standard EN13432
This carrier bag complies with the compostable standard EN13432 by meeting the following criteria (industrial composting conditions):
- It disintegrates into small pieces so that, after 12 weeks, at least 90% of the material passes through a 2mm x 2mm mesh.
- At least 90% of the material biodegrades (into CO2, water and biomass) within six months.
- It meets strict safety limits for toxic elements, including fluoride and 10 heavy metals (e.g. zinc, copper, mercury).
- It must not negatively affect the quality of the compost to which it is added.
Compostable carrier bags - how to store
Please store these bags in their original packaging, in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Use within 12 months.
How to dispose of compostable carriers
After its original use as a carrier bag, this bag can be reused to collect food or organic waste (e.g. food scraps, vegetable peelings). It should then be disposed of in your food waste collection bin, where it is taken to an industrial composting unit (disintegrates in 12 weeks).
It can also be disposed of in a domestic compost heap, although this process will take longer than 12 weeks (time will vary depending on composting conditions
If this bag cannot be composted, please place it in your domestic waste, as it is not suitable for regular (non-organic) recycling.