Medium compostable safety bag features
- 6mm perforated air holes for child safety.
- Suffocation printed warning notice (PWN) in 11 languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Chinese, Arabic.
- Self-adhesive peel n' seal strip for easy sealing.
- Conforms to Amazon guidelines.
- Made from compostable material with a minimum renewable content share of 30%.
- Conforms to compostable packaging standard EN13432.
- Biodegrades in an industrial composting unit within six months. Also suitable for home composting, but will take longer.
- Printed with compostable leaf logo, disposal instructions and the message: 'COMPOSTABLE - for a better world. MATERIAL CONFORMS TO EN13432'.
- Suitable for food contact.
- Our clear compostable material has a slightly frosted appearance when compared to traditional clear polythene.
Medium compostable safety bag dimensions
- Internal width: 230mm (9")
- Internal length: 325mm (13")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Box quantity: 500 bags
Medium compostable safety bag and the EN13432 standard
This bag meets the following criteria, in line with industrial compostable packaging standard EN13432:
- Disintegration - a minimum of 90% of the bag's material must pass through a 2mm x 2mm sieve after 12 weeks.
- Biodegradability - all elements of the product must biodegrade (into CO2, water and biomass), with CO2 released reaching 90% of control sample levels after six months.
- Ecotoxicity and compost quality - the composted material must meet strict limits for potentially toxic elements (e.g. zinc, copper) and not produce any negative effect on compost quality (pH, salinity etc.).
Medium compostable safety bag storage
This compostable safety bag should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sources of heat, sunlight, moisture or humidity. Use within 12 months of delivery.
How to dispose of compostable safety bags
After use, these bags should be disposed of in your food waste bin. From here they will be taken to an industrial composting unit, where they will biodegrade within six months. They are also suitable for home composting, although this process will take longer than six months and will vary according to composting conditions.
If composting is not possible, please dispose of it in your regular domestic waste collection. Not suitable for recycling.