Important note on sealing this compostable mailing bag
The peel 'n seal strip on this mailing bag is only semi-permanent on initial contact sealing, due to the compostable nature of the material from which it is made. For a permanent seal, please leave the mailing bag at room temperature for several hours once sealed.
Large compostable mailing bag features
- Eco-friendly postage solution - reduce your environmental impact.
- Minimum renewable content share of 30%.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- Will disintegrate in industrial compost units within 12 weeks, then biodegrade within 6 months (EN13432-compliant).
- Suitable for home composting, but timescale will vary according to composting conditions (will take longer).
- Printed green leaf motif and the message 'COMPOSTABLE for a better world...' displays eco-friendly credentials. Also states 'Material conforms to EN 13432'.
- Sender address box and safety warning notice printed on the envelope's fold-down flap.
Large compostable mailing bag sizes
- Internal width: 300mm (12")
- Internal length: 420mm (17")
- Polythene thickness: 40 micron (160 gauge)
- Boxed in 200's
EN13432 - compostability standards
This bag conforms to EN13432 for industrial composting. The criteria for this standard are as follows:
- Disintegration - After 12 weeks, at least 90% of the composted material must fit through a 2mm x 2mm sieve
- Biodegradability - After six months, at least 90% of the composted material must have biodegraded into CO2, water and biomass (CO2 output = 90% of control)
- Ecotoxicity - The composted material must meet strict limits for toxic elements including zinc, mercury and other heavy metals
- Compost quality - The material must not adversely affect the quality of compost to which it is added
Compostable mailing bag storage
Store bags away from sources of heat, humidity and direct sunlight; use within 12 months of delivery.
Compostable mailing bag disposal
This bag can be disposed of - along with organic contents - in your food waste bin or domestic compost heap. It is not suitable for recycling, so if food waste disposal is not available, please place in your regular waste collection.